sorry for writing rubbish
like below last three dud studies
1) when $SPY posts 3 out of 5 , losses of 1 stdevp(20) magnitude
2) $SPY pattern with 43/44 wins since 2009
3) $SPY 1DOM pattern with 35/35 wins , since Y2K
- if you are leveraged long only trader , just take a break , if you are believer of 2% in day , 4% in week , 8% in a month , loss rule
- if you are buy and hold investor , stay on the course , the world has seen about , 62 5% dips from all time high closes , 22 10% corrections , 9 bear markets of 20% drops , and finally only 3 , 40% depressions , on $SPX since 1950 , and everyone out of them regained a new all time high
- if you have cash on the side lines , take out the canes
announcing the new paststat !!
image courtesy : http://www.digitalhdphotos.com/2013/01/vodafone-zoozoo-wallpapers.html
We’re back after a 5 month hiatus ! during which we rewrote the whole backend code of the old paststat engine ,
1) new screeners based on the users feedback , like EMA x’overs , 50 day based bollinger bands , Stochastic’s , RSI(2) , Max-Min moves in a month/year , quarterly/halfyearly/yearly minima/maxima closings , standard deviation moves , and bit of seasonality ( day of the week / month / quarter ) …
2) the backtest engine at single click can generate the returns for exits ranging from 1/2/3/4/5/10/20/overnight gap / next day open to close / 1st +’ve/-‘ve exit in 5 days with the data going back to 1990
3) the quant-ideas feature , a data mining engine that can generate , daily about 2.5 – 3 million trading strategies , where a user can choose trade ideas from , based on %wn rate , and avg profit expectation ..
4) and seasonality search engine feature
we are incredibly proud of the hard work that went in the last 5 months , day and nights by a small and smart team of 5 of us folks !! and we hoep you will love this unique qunat screening features
don’t be shy , give it a try , and we want to hear from you , tell us what you love about the new paststat engine , but more importantly, what features and improvements you’d like to see in future versions
we wish a you happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016 ! & good luck with your powerball tickets too !!
& yeah ! would be blogging regularly , now that the new engine is built !!
What a professional trading journal is and why you need one
This is a guest-post by Rolf, the creator and co-founder of Edgewonk.com, the professional trading journal for forex, stocks and futures traders.
When it comes to keeping a trading journal every trader knows that it’s almost impossible to become profitable without one. Still, most traders do not follow a professional journaling routine. We identified why conventional trading journals are not improving your trading and what a good trading journal does for you.
Continue reading “What a professional trading journal is and why you need one”
a.k.a Global Investment Returns Yearbook 2015
read this over weekend and thank us later !!
writing an one line summary is always difficult , but anyway ,
1 USD in 1990 in US market is worth ~38 K as of today , but if invested in tobacco stocks is worth 6.2 mil and some change of 80K !!
ps: whats your one line summary of the above year book 2015 ?
RIP Don Worden the $100,000 Index man
here is an article recommendation from us -> Evolution of BOP Money Stream
From my new found freind and a good acquaintance
My beautiful 37 year old wife xxx passed away at home Friday night after a 3 year campaign of attrition with Colo-rectal cancer. I can say with certainty, she gave everything she could to survive and thrive in the years since diagnosis and in her last hours. She remains a shining example of how to live one’s life under tremendous adversity
Separately, may I humbly suggest that those of the appropriate age talk to their doctor about fecal occult tests and regular colonoscopies. In my wife’s situation, there was no chance for early diagnosis. However, I would be overjoyed if my words caused someone to act and catch an emerging problem.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations to the following: Minnesota Medical Foundation for further dedication to Amplatz Children’s Hospital Research Funds (https://makingagift.umn.edu/onlinegiving/enterFund.do?&fundCode=F_CHDF&areaCode=A_CHILDH&ownerCode=O_MDH&desc_source=CWXXMAHWBGFT)
or more traditionally:
University of Minnesota Foundation
for further dedication to Amplatz Children’s Hospital Research Funds
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street SE, Suite 500
Minneapolis, MN 55455-2010 (612)624-3333
My family and I would be honored in knowing that contributions will get local researchers closer to stamping out cancer in all its forms and other diseases particularly for pediatric patients.
With deepest appreciation,